HybridZ

280z will crank but wont fire

So i fixed my fuse link issue with my car however, now the car will crank intermittently. For example the battery will be fully charged and when i go to crank the car, the battery will just sit there as if it has no charge. The starter will sometimes kick over and then sometimes the starter will just click like its not engaging all the way. One of my coworkers thinks its a bad starter, the starter is new btw. when the car is wanting to crank it will just keep cranking like its nobodies business and then flood itself. This problem has been plaguing me for the past month and i just want my car running again. If anyone has had this happen to them please share some insight on this. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like poor battery connections. Make sure the wire ends are clean if it has clamp on connectors and clean and tighten the connections at the posts, and the connections at the starter and starter bolt. The high current flow will heat up any corrosion, causing expansion and breaking the flow path.

This will only let you get to the "crank like nobodies (sic) business" and "flood itself" stage. But at least you'll be a little closer to getting it running.