HybridZ

Triple Weber question

Matt300ZXT

I'm about to pick my 240Z back up from the guy I traded it from a while back and he's got the Webers installed, the header, hotrodded dizzy, etc and in an effort to clean up the engine bay and make it look as nice as possible to match the shiny distributor, fuel pressure gauge and fuel pressure regulator, I thought I'd see if anyone made a custom 240Z fuel rail or a braided steel fuel line kit for the Webers.

I see what ya did, just run a hose around the head to the intake side, right on. That's the way the Webers are setup on the car right now. I don't plan on ever racing the car so I assume that'll do just fine for putting around town. I did find a shop that sells Weber parts/conversions/etc and they have a Triple Weber braided hose kit, for like $245. It has all the AN fittings and hoses and such, should just be a bolt up affair. Maybe I'll just have a local guy help me bend up some shiny pipe or something for a fuel rail.

that's a nice looking set-up ... seems a bit pricey for what you're getting. It's also a linear feed design which frankly is less-than-ideal. Most racing set-ups use a distribution block and then feed the carbs individually.

Define "most racing setups"...

Most serious systems in japan use a back pressure regulator in the system to maintain pressure on all the carbs for equal feed.

Curiously their systems don't suffer the maladies spoken of in these above posts.

Let me clarify. I've seen racing 240Zs with triples and the 2 or 3 I saw used distribution blocks. Jeff Winters in Denver told me my sequential set-up was likely fine for my HPR lapping days, but recommended I use the distribution block if I elected to do 'serious racing' with my car. I have an aluminum distribution block, but honestly thought the multitude of hoses made the engine bay look worse - thus my decision was largely cosmetic. The sequential set-up 'looked better'.

Edited by 240zip

Why not get a piece of bar stock aluminum, maybe 6" long, drill a large hole running its length. Then drill three holes boring into the side of the stock, like a fuel rail. Tap for whatever thread you want, install barbed fittings or whatever, and go.

Or you could just run them inline, like in the picture. I did that for three years and it worked fine. Didn't have a fuel return either.