HybridZ

Tuning help needed in true Nor Cal

spanishfly

post-4152-037101400 1334846495_thumb.jpgI am in need of a mechanic who knows way more than I do when it comes to fine tuning my 3.1 stroker. I live in the middle of nowhere so finding a knowledgeable zcar mechanic is easier said than done. I can bring the car to you and will pay good money to a GREAT mechanic who can tune my motor to it's full potential.I am halfway between Eureka and Yreka on the Klamath river, so if your a reasonable distance lets talk about specifics.

You might get a bit of help on here, if you let us know the details of your issue and whats in the Engine. Stock or Aftermarket Cam, Injector size, I see the airflow meter on it, Have you messed with that yet?. Spark plugs, and I see a Rising rate FPR.

I think that's just a plain old later model Z/ZX FPR for EFI. You can even see the mounting plate, edge-on, hanging on the side.

It is odd to have a stroker with a stock AFM on it though, considering the prevailing view that the stock AFM can barely handle a bigger cam. It looks like a stock engine except for the fuel rail. Who built it, where'd you get it?

post-4152-097535200 1334870346_thumb.jpg

You might get a bit of help on here, if you let us know the details of your issue and whats in the Engine. Stock or Aftermarket Cam, Injector size, I see the airflow meter on it, Have you messed with that yet?. Spark plugs, and I see a Rising rate FPR.

Ld 28 crankshaft, l24 piston rods, arias 89mm(flat head with valve pocket),jdm timing set, N42 head 11/1 Compression,ported & polished,490/290 camshaft,arizona zcar performance oil pan. Engine built in Montebello,Ca.

I know that the stock fuel and ignition system are inadequate and i will upgrade when money allows.I have the timimg set to 15* BDTC and am running 110 octane race gas through 270cc turbo injectors. JSK fuel rail rising rate fuel regulator,60mm TB,cold air intake, and 3 to 2 to 1 header. I will have to look to see what plugs I bought from napa. I have not messed with AFM,I do not own any specialty tools like a vacuum gauge.It is much faster than stock, idle is rough with a lope, I do not want to hurt the engine due to ignorance and the lack of true mechanical training. I have only built and restored Datsun 1600 roadsters in the past. I would love to find a 280z wizard within 3 hours drive who has much more knowledge and tools than I. I found a dyno shop in San Jose(6 hour drive)but cannot get an appointment until May 17th.I am sufficient at brake jobs,clutch work, and basic automotive.post-4152-060563000 1334870303_thumb.jpg

post-4152-099503200 1334870329_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanishfly

• 2 weeks later...

post-4152-037101400 1334846495_thumb.jpgI am in need of a mechanic who knows way more than I do when it comes to fine tuning my 3.1 stroker. I live in the middle of nowhere so finding a knowledgeable zcar mechanic is easier said than done. I can bring the car to you and will pay good money to a GREAT mechanic who can tune my motor to it's full potential.I am halfway between Eureka and Yreka on the Klamath river, so if your a reasonable distance lets talk about specifics.

You might try Classic MotorSports in Santa Rosa.

Ken Anderson has tuned my my Z in the past. He is very good with mikunis and fuel injection. Years ago I believe he did fuel injection tuning for Dave Rebello?