HybridZ

Webber website???????????

Guest ScaryFast

Guest ScaryFast

I am looking for Webber's websit. I went to webber.com and it told me "nothing to see here, move on...". I was thinking about a four duces setup on a 302. I know it will be an expencive and thirsty setup, but it will look soooo sexy.

Also try Webers I was able to order parts for my DCOEs from them--they have a pretty good parts section, with exploded view diagrams and everything.

Also, make sure when you're searching that you only put one "b" in the name, otherwise you'll never find what you're looking for smile.gif

Jim

Guest Anonymous

Try a search with weber+carbs , you'll find plenty of links about them. Trying to use they're name (www weber com) will bring you up BBQ's.. :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest tom sixbey

thirsty, and beautiful to look at, and did i mention that it'll make quite a bit more umph than a barry grant. the oldschool gt40 engines used the quad webers.... if you can afford it, got for it, but i'll tell you that i've never seen one of those intakes go for less than 2 grand...

This is purely recall from my old Mustang days...but I remember the company's name....Inglese induction systems. They make the manifolds and create system packages with weber carbs. I got their catalog by mail once. Manifold and carbs in '79 cost more than the total of my car.

Guest Anonymous

Most of the V8 quad weber set ups I've seen were running 48IDA's.I think Aston martin's ran those too.I still have a pair that I ran years ago on a VW bug.At 568 cfm each,you cant even hear the exhaust.On the street my bug got 8 MPG,but once you run 48's you'll never go back.As far as I know ,the IDA's have'nt been in production since 1996.I think I paid 300.00 for mine 15yrs ago.The last used pair I saw was 1200.00.There are two companies that make carbs with the same bolt pattern and basic appearance.Gene Berg Ent.has one that is 58mm, and the other(whose name I cant remember)has a 62mm copy of the original.Wicked stuff indeed.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I agree with Jens, the hilborn setups go a bit over a grand used, not sure on how much to convert them to DFI, but it would seem like modifying the bungs for EFI injectors instead of the old manual ones and then using a TPS in the linkage somewhere. Done right, it looks as good, and well performs as well if not better and you have a much easier tuning battle than 4 pairs of webers... Although, that said, the weber's look incredible. Then again, hilborn injector tubes sticking up out of the hood is pretty impressive too. smile.gif

I do have to wonder how much tip in you have on the throttle before things go from idle to scenery flying by your window since you have some much throttle plate area. :D

Regards,

Lone

Yep Terry that's what I remember 15 years ago new systems were close to $2,000 and my daily driver '66 Mustang was $400.

Now there's an idea.....find the manifold and run 4 (or is is 8) Volkswagen carburetors.

Are Webers hard to tune? I've never owner a VW, or an Aston Martin. smile.gif

My next big engine project: by 4 IDFs cheap on ebay, and make a manifold. So far I've found some 40-IDFs (on the small end of the spectrum) for $400. Spend another 100 to make a manifold, and whalla! BTW, two separate cobra set-ups (not original cobra by any means) went recently for $2000, and $2500.

Guest ScaryFast

this was just a thought. I saw the 4 weber setup at a car show and it got me thinking. In the end i think i will go with a fuel injection set-up that bolts on to a four barrel manifold just like a carb. It is 690cfm and has 4 700cc injectors. The thing is all self contained and is fully programable. Holly makes it for 700 bucks or so.

Terry,

MAKE a nanifold? Do you have a foundry in your garage? Oh yes, I see it, beside the Van de Graaf generator tongue.gif

Or will it be a plumbed tubing and sheet metal affair? 8 pieces of thinwall 1.5" steel tube and a pair of plates to match the head..... A plasma cutter would be nice for cutting those port plates.