HybridZ

L28 Frankenstein build questions

DPG

I understand. People throw out many things, some that they portray as evidence sometimes that can make it hard. What you are telling me is straight forward and I thank you for that.

Not a problem. ;)

Like I said, if your reason for building it is "just because" then no one is stopping you. Do what makes you happy. Let's just keep false premises to a minimum, it's how myths are spread. Thanks for taking in the information with a level head instead of getting defensive and combative, as most seem to get.

Not a problem. ;)

Like I said, if your reason for building it is "just because" then no one is stopping you. Do what makes you happy. Let's just keep false premises to a minimum, it's how myths are spread. Thanks for taking in the information with a level head instead of getting defensive and combative, as most seem to get.

A big part of me wants to do it because no one has, but there are also reasons in no one having done something...hmmm

I'll make sure to post what I decide when it gets started!

If you can find one of the early copies of Zcar magazine from the 90's,there was an article about a guy that built the same motor you are planning. I think they called it a "263 Z" or something along those lines.

I actually read that yesterday from classic Zcar forum! Great article!

One of the most important rules here is that there is NO BEST.

We're all just trying to save you some headache if we can. And to show some real world results instead of just bench racing, here's some videos that show what I'm talking about.

3.1 Stroker: Not how fast it revs at around 1:00

MonZter's L24 bored 1mm over:

If you watch those videos, you'll see that thought MonZter has a setup similar to what you're talking about it doesn't rev THAT much faster than Brian's 3.1 liter, and brian's 3.1 revs faster than most lightly prepped 2.4 motors. Both of these motors are pushing around 100hp/liter so they're no slouches to be sure. I'd be happy with either motor honestly.

One of the most important rules here is that there is NO BEST.

We're all just trying to save you some headache if we can. And to show some real world results instead of just bench racing, here's some videos that show what I'm talking about.

3.1 Stroker: Not how fast it revs at around 1:00

MonZter's L24 bored 1mm over:

If you watch those videos, you'll see that thought MonZter has a setup similar to what you're talking about it doesn't rev THAT much faster than Brian's 3.1 liter, and brian's 3.1 revs faster than most lightly prepped 2.4 motors. Both of these motors are pushing around 100hp/liter so they're no slouches to be sure. I'd be happy with either motor honestly.

You're right. There is not much difference. But the L24 you can tell is just a bit quicker. Thanks for the video's!

• 2 weeks later...

As a side question, what kind of torque difference can be had with an L28 crank compared to an L24 crank? I would want to rev 7500ish with the L24 and probably to 7000ish with the L28. stage 3 cam type specs, bored to 89mm, 11:1 compression. Just looking for some figures to give me an idea of the difference. I know there are a number of factors that go into this, but just wondering what people have gotten in the past. Thanks guys