HybridZ

1972 240z LS1/T56/R230 build

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha yeah I've been working my ass off, I wanna drive this damn car, I had to mail a package today an t wouldn't fit in the trunk of the Cobra, I went and started the z and asked my dad how arrested he thought it would get me arrested The thing starts first try, I love it

Link is fixed in my most recent post

Here it is again

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BANDGEEK234/?action=view¤t=IMG_0266.mp4

Edited by Fuzzydicerule

Yeah, after i talked to you last i gave up on the EDIS and swapped an OPT dizzy onto it, and when it still wouldnt run (which i found out last week, was probably because i did the firing order wrong (i know the FO, but i think i put it in assuming the dizzy turned clockwise, and i think it turns Counter clockwise >_< )) Oh well, one pull with the LS1 made me not care anymore

Yeah this has been an extremely quick swap TBH, hopefully my exhaust will be going in tomorrow...

Damnit, oh well. I got the better end of the deal

I got the exhaust done, Took all day yesterday but it works well. I took it on it's first long distance drive, and it went from not brig able to take off easy to being within 40% of running perfectly, I'm in love with this ezefi and how it self tunes

Pics Of the exhaust will come after work

Amazing build. Im going ls1 after my l28et sadly wont cut it. I actually.bought the IC setup and manifold from you haha. Hope you got a few things for you swap! Major jelous and will be starting my build shortly. Ill be in touch if i have any questiins haha cheers man! What fuel cell is that btw?

Edited by 240z7273

Revekah. I had to smack my fender lip a bit on the drivers side( its got a good amount f bonding in that fender so t wouldn't roll flat) and I gave the inner fender a few love taps up above the lip where it had been rubbing, and no more rubs for me

240z7273, sorry to hear that, but you won't regret the swap

A bit of an issue I uncovered after I thought I had a blown head gasket, I mistook the steam port outlet for a vacuum port and capped it, an it appears it's been spitting coolant out intermittantly( luckily I didn't clamp it, just a cap, so it didn't overheat the heads). I've been watching the temp on my diagnostic controller and it's been staying at a reasonable level. My project for tonight and tomorrow morning is to make a splice for my upper radiator hose with a fitting to run that line to, then we should be good to go

Last note, it appears I goofed on my master cylinder sizing, so this things a bear to stop, luckily it does and being a big guy I can muscle through it, but that's a change for the near future...

If you want them and want to wait, I can put a JTR steam vent tee fitting with sight glass and a 3/4 inch tilton master cylinder(the small version I think the 75 series) in the mail. I planned to sell these off later it would be Friday before I got these in the mail.

Edited by RebekahsZ

The deed is done, also I foud out that my fix is a ghetto version of that JTR tee, It's a plastic splice ( from any auto parts store) with a 5/16. 1/8 not fitting threaded in and some jb weld ( I know it's ghetto but I dot trust thread sealer on that thIn of plastic, or the threads for that matter) slathered over the exterior of the joint. It isn't pretty but I'm broke as **** right now and it works

So after a whole week with no real issues, my first ( and honestly my most anticipated) gremlin reared it's head. I was sitting in traffic yesterday. ( heading with a buddy to pick up his own s30, I finally have a bro!). And I noticed my temp strarted creeping up, It usually runs around 198 or 200, and has never gone over 205, and I checked my temp on my controller and noticed that I was up at 211 and rising, it got to about 218 before I began shutting it off at stoplights to keep it from gettin worse. I snooped a bit after we got where we were goin and lo and behold, my fans weren't on. Now I get to figure out why... I hope it's just a bad relay, but somehow I doubt it...

I'm using the stock gauges and aftermarket fans using the ECM to turn them on. Low temp fan turns on at like 224 and the high temp second fan turns on at 239. I think these motors were made to run hot like maybe 239 degrees? That's about how hot mine runs according to the stock Datsun gauge. It is weird seeing the needle up that high (the max on the gauge is 250) but i did a bunch of searching and i think it is ok. So far so good...

• 11 months later...