HybridZ

280z wont fire

Over the past week in my spare time ive been replacing rubber fuel line. After I replaced the fuel filter I started the car and it idled poorly, i could barely rev it up to 3000 then i died. I noticed that the fuel rail hoses had holes so I replaced those too. But now when i try and start my car it doesn't even fire. Ive tried starter fluid and still nothing. What could be the problem?

Did you reverse the inlet and outlet hoses to the rail? That will give full pump pressure to the rail, the regulator won't regulate. Could be 90 psi if you have an after market pump. Are the plugs wet?

Or you just knocked a wire loose. Check for spark?

Wet plugs would mean "flooded", but the reason why isn't clear. Dry the plugs, crank the motor a few turns with the plugs out while you check for spark (watch out for gas and fumes in the area of the spark), check your inlet and outlet lines to the rail to make sure you're not over-pressurizing. The hose connected directly to the top of filter goes directly to the fuel rail, not the regulator. If you have spark and everything looks right, it should go.