HybridZ

Racing Stripes

The 240Z decals were matt black, white, or yellow/gold, I think... I don't think they were stock, likely dealer option. But yeah, I don't remember any stripes from the factory over the hood/roof either.

BRE Racing had some nice fender stripes, but again not stock.

Right, I guess 70's Z could mean any S30. somehow I read that as 70' Z. Morbias is right, The Special edition S30's had stripes, so we need OP clarification. Based only on the OP statement:

"Where the stripes on 70's Z's flat black or glossy black. Thinking of putting racing stripes on want to make it look as stock as possible."

I'd infer he's not looking for info on either the Zzap or the black pearl, So that's back to the only dealer option I know which is the 240Z decal on some 240Z's. In anycase I think most anything fron that era was Matte..

News: Black Pearl was port optioned, not sure on ZZZap Z, but that may well have been a Nissan North America Port Added Option as well!

They left Japan without stripes.

Good to know, That's why you're Wiki-D! How do you find stuff like that out?

Have the Nissan North America HQ in your back yard for 20+ years, and talk with all the guys in the service department that were there when the car was new (and for that matter the company!)