HybridZ

A cool idea?

Mate

Hello, so i recently purchased clear headlight covers for my 240z. Upon dry-fitting them i realized that i don't like how the black weatherstripping stands out so much from my red paint. I was thinking of painting the insides of the buckets black. This would somewhat conceal the weatherstrip and add a unique look. Anyone here done this before? If anyone has any pics to share please do. I actually lined my headlight buckets with black construction paper and placed the covers on top just to get an idea. It looks decent enough where I'd like to proceed with this idea, but any other input is always appreciated.

Thanks

Mate M.

I've actually always liked scoops that were painted black. Pictures: Silver one is of my current s130 project. Don't know if you can see it, but there's actually a headlight cover on it, with no weatherstipping, and headlight buckets are painted black. Try to ignore the body dust/gunk running down. Then the red one is from '07 (sorry, bad pictures) of a red s130 I had. Second picture shows more of a side profile of the painted scoop...which I think looks great.

post-530-017062000 1338356679_thumb.jpg

post-530-074642400 1338357055_thumb.jpg

post-530-095661000 1338357248_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeeboost