HybridZ

OK, so I've been reading quite a bit on here trying to learn the little things about an lsx swap into our s30's and its easy to say most of you do a real ls1 swap not a 5.3 or 6.0. I'm just in the gathering stages of the swap now, I'm curious because I haven't found anyone that has said what oil pan I can or cannot use. I will be doing a 5.3 swap and ill do a full front accessory swap along with intake stuff from an f body just curious about my oil pan. Thanks guys!

You either have a 327 gen I sbc, a vortech which mounts the same, or a gen III LSx which is the same as a ls1 swap. Your statement just shows you need to do some more searching. Ls1, ls2, ls3 Your 5.3 is the same, you just need the equipment from an ls1 or some mix and match pieces. It's been covered.

You either have a 327 gen I sbc, a vortech which mounts the same, or a gen III LSx which is the same as a ls1 swap. Your statement just shows you need to do some more searching. Ls1, ls2, ls3 Your 5.3 is the same, you just need the equipment from an ls1 or some mix and match pieces. It's been covered.

Well I posted in the Gen III/IV v8 for a reason. The oil pans are not the same from lm7 to ls1 to ls2... I know parts are interchangeable yet different. Hence my question. A 5.3 oil pan or even ls2 oil pan does not work when doing this swap into an s13 240, either custom moroso or ls1 pan. If its been covered so extensively than you should be able to EASILY point me in the right direction.

What does an S13 have to do with an S30 swap? You need an f-body pan according to post #2. The f-body pan will bolt right on to the truck engine block. Your question has been answered.

Isn't that what I said? Glad we were able to agree.

Sometimes things just need repeated a couple times before they make sense.

Edited by i r teh noobz

• 1 month later...