HybridZ

Sticky SU choke

BlueStag

Guys,

My SU's are acting up. The choke tubes tend to stick down in the enriched position after the cable is released.

I have two new throttle bodies from Z Therapy, and boy, not sucking air past one of the shafts makes a world of difference in performance.

The pistons rise and fall cleanly, with a satisfactory thud or even a click. So I think that means I don't want to re-center the nozzle.

I think the pull-down levers exert a sideway force against the nozzles that causes them to bind against the throttle bodies, causing them to not let go when the choke knob is released.

I struggled with them as I put the carbs back together. I certainly am not in a hurry to pull them off the car. Any easy fix?

Did you disconnect the cables and checked to make sure the linkage is not binding?

The linkage piece that connects to the bottom of the jet nozzle utilizes a special washer that allows them to pivot. If the washer is not there or the wrong one the screw will tighten down preventing rotation and freedom of movement.