HybridZ

Need help fast

I am swapping a 83 l28et and a BW t5 in to my 76 280z and having drive shaft problems. I have the r200 that comes in the car, the r200 from a 280zx (bought the engine, trans, driveshaft,an diff with axles) and its drive shaft and a r180 from a 280zx as well is there any chance of mixing that combo in to the car to have it driving? Would I be able to just pull the diff flange of the front of the zx's r200 and put it on the z's r200 so that the drive shaft I have from the l28et/t5 combo will fit

The odd ball you have to have is the BWT-5 driveshaft-no other driveshaft works with that tranny. If I remember correctly, you have to have the diff flange that was mated to the driveshaft also, but it will swap out into any R200.

That's the bad part about the BWT-5 -dedicated driveshaft, non-replacable U joints.

You can swap the pinion flanges on the r200s.Everybody thinks they need a t5 with a turbo but thats a bunch of bs unless you are drag racing.the zx trans has the best ratios-closer 1 to 4th gears and a taller 5th I run a turbo l28,zxt na 5 speed,stock 77 drive shaft,1986 3.7 r200 clsd with the 77 pinion flange.But i bult the car for road course track days-not drag racing .the zx na trans shifts the best with redline mtl oil.a t5 doesnt work as smooth