HybridZ

Help needed Fro RB25DET NEO

docaam

Hey guys,

I have installed a RB25DET NEO in my S30 here is my built thread.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/104889-project-rb-z/page__st__40

The engine wiring everything was done and it was running properly.

When installing intercooler pipes the installer asked me to change the fuel rail and I in excitement order Greddy style intake manifold and 80mm throttle body along with it. Parts reached here in Dubai

Dubai_20120527_00155.jpg

Fuel rail even because of top and side feed injectors fitted, so all good.

Intake manifold is for series 1 engine but it fits perfectly fine. I got some machine work done on the intake and now throttle body is also fitted on it.

Dubai_20120625_00291.jpg

Dubai_20120625_00292.jpg

Now I can fit my old TPS and idle motor as there is literally no space left, here they are

Dubai_20120625_00293.jpg

Does anyone know what to do? space is very limited and if I can run without these or changing these to something else?

If all fails then might need to revert back to stock one.

Edited by docaam

Rotate the TB 90* Anti-Clockwise. Make a bracket that attaches to the manifold and goes under the plenum to hold the throttle cable.

You will have to find a way to delete the ATTESA TB or what Im assuming your calling the idle motor. I cannot tell you if the ATTESA system is built into your ECU. You will have to wait for someone that has done the NEO ATTESA swap before to respond, but as I understand it that extra throttle flap and motor are part of the 'traction control' system. Unless you are wanting to figure out how to incorporate it, delete it and be done with it. Unfortunately my knowledge is limited with both ATTESA and the NEO setup so I cannot without taring into one even guess how they are tied into each other. My guess is that if you have an Idle Air Controller on the rear side of the motor mounted to the intake manifold that the ATTESA system wont be an issue. Just an UN-educated guess.

I suppose IF you wanted to keep it, then I would look into the 1996 President/Q45 systems to match the TB bore and figure out how to install that as close to the TB as possible, but there are a significant amount of other sensors and devices attached to that ATTESA system than just on the motor.

Ray

Rotate the TB 90* Anti-Clockwise. Make a bracket that attaches to the manifold and goes under the plenum to hold the throttle cable.

You will have to find a way to delete the ATTESA TB or what Im assuming your calling the idle motor. I cannot tell you if the ATTESA system is built into your ECU. You will have to wait for someone that has done the NEO ATTESA swap before to respond, but as I understand it that extra throttle flap and motor are part of the 'traction control' system. Unless you are wanting to figure out how to incorporate it, delete it and be done with it. Unfortunately my knowledge is limited with both ATTESA and the NEO setup so I cannot without taring into one even guess how they are tied into each other. My guess is that if you have an Idle Air Controller on the rear side of the motor mounted to the intake manifold that the ATTESA system wont be an issue. Just an UN-educated guess.

I suppose IF you wanted to keep it, then I would look into the 1996 President/Q45 systems to match the TB bore and figure out how to install that as close to the TB as possible, but there are a significant amount of other sensors and devices attached to that ATTESA system than just on the motor.

Ray

Thanks man that comment is a great help, as of now im even willing to take the whole TB out, either try to find Q45 or even use stock.

As for ECU not sure if its linked as the ECU didnt come with the car the shop had few lying around so they used one.

Im not such a technical person but i have seen people running these intake manifold on series 1 RB25 not using anything that what I perceived from the pictures on the net.

Something like this just a TB?

RB25DET%20intake%20fitted.jpg

Check out RTZ's setup and my own in this forum. Both of us are running the Q45 non-traction control throttle bodies. You can run it as pictured above as well. I found it easier to deal with the TPS and upper rad hose in a Z to place the cable below. I have also seen it installed 180* from my suggestion as well so the cable is mounted on top like GTZ.

If the TPS sensor from the stock throttle body(The one closest to the intake manifold) bolts to your aftermarket TB then go with it. Make sure your aftermarket TB actually shuts at close and seals or you will have idling issues with a mostly stock motor. Ive seen this become a problem with idle adjustments and aftermarket cheap TB's. I would hope the more expensive aftermarket stuff works better.

Thanks for the reply, Im getting a lot from that, will check your thread as well now.

What are the possibilities of using stock throttle body just with TPS, dont need traction control and things like that. In the pic I marked what to remove and what to keep is that ok?

I can get the machine work done to get it fitted thats not an issue but only concern is will the idle problem will be there or TPS takes care of it?

post-13922-076529000 1340783534_thumb.jpg

Current update id the Idle motor IAC was different in the engine then what goes in the manifold, so I bought one from series 1 RB25 which might solve that problem.

For throttle body went to local junkyards to day couldnt find Q45 so now what Im planning is to use the adaptor which came with manifold and cut the stock throttle body and will fit both together, lets see how it goes

Current update id the Idle motor IAC was different in the engine then what goes in the manifold, so I bought one from series 1 RB25 which might solve that problem.

For throttle body went to local junkyards to day couldnt find Q45 so now what Im planning is to use the adaptor which came with manifold and cut the stock throttle body and will fit both together, lets see how it goes

i've got a stock q45 tb if you want it, can ship tomorrow, whatever the going rate is, pm me

• 1 month later...

ok thanks for the feedback

Still on stock ECU, but haven't started the car just changed the injectors yesterday as with the fuel rail stock ones were not fitting. Hopefully by Saturday will start the car.

I have plans of tunning it later with Unichip