HybridZ

v-10 Question?

Guest Anonymous

Now that is something I would love to see! One problem I forsee is cam selection. You might not find much in the way of performance cams(I would love to be proved wrong!). At least as far as they kind of performance you need in a Z. Most of the cams for the triton v10 are probably targeted more towards bottom-end torque, as is necessary in larger pickups hauling heavy loads.

If you do decide to do it, keep us all updated!

Gene

Guest Tht1KSguy

The main problem w/ the V-10's is the head design is the same as the pre '99 2V heads which are big time weezers. Ford hasn't upgraded the tooling for the V-10 heads since they redesigned the ports. Not to mention the skinny intake runners... great for velocity (low end torque) sucky for volume. That guy is full of it if he thinks a V-10 weighs less than a 5.0. It's a 5.4L engine w/ 2 extra cylinders tacked on plus balance shafts to quell vibration. Too bad they don't have 4V heads for it smile.gif My guess is it's too wide for the Z's engine bay all the mod engines are W_I_D_E. But by all means gets points for originality.