HybridZ

Datsun 78 280Z Restification

I haven't posted my build, but I hit a mile stone and just got it back from paint so I thought it would be a good time to post.

I purchased the car in 2002 and have been working on it on and off since then.

I'll post pics as I rebuild , and some of what I have done up to this point.

& wanted to thank everyone at Hybrid Z for the invaluable info that helped me to get this far.

100_0650.JPG

100_0651.JPG

100_0652.JPG

100_0661.JPG

100_0668.JPG

100_0666.JPG

Edited by 78zlt1

It looks pretty awesome, though the picts came out really small. Orange is a good color. 2002 eh? I don't feel so bad, my project started Oct 2008. Did you have a body shop paint it for you, or is this all your effort? Did you strip down to bare metal? Sanded, or blasted? Pretty cool! post us some more picts!

2001 Camero fuel tank? Explain?

Phar

Edited by Pharaohabq

Whoops Screwed up the links, fixed them should work now.

Yea I stripped it to bare metal sanded the exterior body panels manually everything else I blasted with coal slag, then epoxy primed and did all the body work myself ( replaced the rear and drivers aft quarter, and replaced the front end rebuilding the frame rails and adding sub-frame connectors.) I haven't painted a car before and didn't want to mess it up at this point so I let a pro Spray it.

I'm using a 2001 camaro fuel tank because I am installing a 95 LT1/T56 ,I like the idea its a stock pump in the tank. fits ok , but had to remove the spare tire well.

The link below , has alot of pictures from the start to now.

Edited by 78zlt1