HybridZ

Which fuel pump for feeding surge tank.

ZT-R

Ok my fuel pumps are way to friggin loud so its time to change the setup. I have 2 Walburo 255 high pressure pumps in my surge tank being fed by 1 walburo 255 high pressure. The one that is making all the racket is the feeder pump. I know this needs to be a low pressure pump but define low pressure, 12psi carb version of a fuel pump? How much LPH or whatever? I know its unlikely that I will run out of fuel that is in the surge tank unless I'm on a long straight away or something though. Joel, btw notice all the capital letters at the beginning of my sentences, lol. Next dyno should be close to 550, probably will not take it much over that for the timing being.

The pressure rating of the pump feeding the surge tank is unimportant as long as it has enough capacity to meet your engine's flow requirements.

My setup is less than yours (~300 whp) so this may not be all that helpful, but I use an Airtex E8016S which is rated 2.5-4.5 PSI, 30 GPH to feed the surge tank. I isolated it using a rubber muffler strap. Like you, I'm using a Walbro 255 (only 1 though) to feed the injectors. I can only hear the pumps if I walk to the back of the car when it's idling. Inside the cabin the pumps are silent.

Yea I just used the high pressure as afeeder because I had it. That pump will never build pressure, at least the way I have my tank setup. I think this is why it's so loud. The ones high pressure in my surge tank are quiet.

Yea I just used the high pressure as afeeder because I had it. That pump will never build pressure, at least the way I have my tank setup. I think this is why it's so loud. The ones high pressure in my surge tank are quiet.