HybridZ

Car Won't Start

Dear HybridZ,

I've been here asking for help in the past, many times, for I have nowhere else to go. My '77 280z is my first car and I love it very much. Since I'm not an expert on the matter, I find myself useless in times when mechanical experience and knowledge is required. At the moment, my car won't start. I don't know what it is...The car was fine, but then I didn't drive it for 2 days. I came back to it and now it won't start.

I got a video of it trying to start.

Maybe you guys can help me out. There are no leaks, the car has fuel (checked lines and there's fuel going through), the car has oil, and the battery seems to be ok, but I'm not 100% sure. The Volts stay at around 13 with the key ON, and it drops down to around 11 when you try to start the car. The spark plugs seem fine, too, but I haven't fully taken them out yet, just the connectors. They were replaced a couple of months ago. If it were the spark plugs, wouldn't I have had stuttering and other symptoms prior to this when driving? Again, I'm not sure. I hope you guys can help.

Thank You very, very much!

The video doesn't want to upload, but here's how the Volts look.

When the key is ON -

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg155...pg&res=landing

When turning the key to start the car -

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg831...pg&res=landing

Edited by TheCrazySwede

Seems to be spark. Try opening the throttle body and spraying some carb cleaner in there and see if you can get it to fire. Also double check all the wires to the dizzy and the coil. If you have the fsm, test them both.

Wouldn't help to check the plugs while your at it.

My car has a tendancy to eat dizzy caps and rotors. After say 10k miles it would literally corrode the points and burn the rotor. I'm guessing its because of my aftermarket coil though.

Edited by BluDestiny