HybridZ

One down, one to go. Sparco R100

str8pipez

Just got the drivers side seat in and thought I'd share a pic. Fitment was no problem and used the factory rails just had to re drill some holes and weld new tabs onto the inside slide where it mounts to the car. No big deal at all. These feel close to the factory size, but with a bunch more support.

The seats are great for the price. I had a Procar (Scat) seat and the quality was not near as nice as the Sparco. For $329 hard to beat. I'll put the passenger side in tomorrow and post a view.

post-28933-066203600 1345603253_thumb.jpg

Could you flip the driver seat backrest all the way forward, move the seat all the way back to the rear and take a picture behind the seat, fairly low down, to show how the seat base fits up against the angled hump that rises from the floor to form the shelf behind the seat? And how the seat back connects to the seat base?

With you in the seat, seat all the way back, with the back rest at a comfortable angle for you to drive, does the seat back touch the wheel well housing? IT should be very close. If there is a ton of room yet, the seat is not back far enough for me.

My concern with most aftermarket seats is how the seat base/back fit into area behind the seat to allow the seat back to fit ABOVE the first angledhump off the floor, allowing it to almost touch the vertical luggage riser, while the seat base still remains low and in front of the hump, thus maximizing leg room while simultaneously maximizing head room.

The stock seats have a unique design in that the back rest is quite far behind the back of the seat base, allowing it to nestle into the stock floor contours allowing for maximum setback. So many aftermarket seats have the back/base connection points close together or the seat base actually protrudes behind the seat base, preventing them for going back far enough to suite the taller driver.

These look pretty good from what I can see. Very thin base, and that back/base connection point looks quite rear-offset. Just would like a few more pics to confirm.

Thanks!

Could you flip the driver seat backrest all the way forward, move the seat all the way back to the rear and take a picture behind the seat, fairly low down, to show how the seat base fits up against the angled hump that rises from the floor to form the shelf behind the seat? And how the seat back connects to the seat base?

With you in the seat, seat all the way back, with the back rest at a comfortable angle for you to drive, does the seat back touch the wheel well housing? IT should be very close. If there is a ton of room yet, the seat is not back far enough for me.

My concern with most aftermarket seats is how the seat base/back fit into area behind the seat to allow the seat back to fit ABOVE the first angledhump off the floor, allowing it to almost touch the vertical luggage riser, while the seat base still remains low and in front of the hump, thus maximizing leg room while simultaneously maximizing head room.

The stock seats have a unique design in that the back rest is quite far behind the back of the seat base, allowing it to nestle into the stock floor contours allowing for maximum setback. So many aftermarket seats have the back/base connection points close together or the seat base actually protrudes behind the seat base, preventing them for going back far enough to suite the taller driver.

These look pretty good from what I can see. Very thin base, and that back/base connection point looks quite rear-offset. Just would like a few more pics to confirm.

Thanks!

I have the same exact issue and questions. More pics would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Is it a 280Z? Trying to find seats for the 280Z and the dreaded tunnel Cat hump, without bashing it in or cutting it out and welding in a flat piece.

Here is the 280Z seat swap list I started a few years ago.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/88301-280z-seat-swap-list/

If it is a 280Z I would appreciate it if you posted some pics in that thread also.

Thanks,

Greg