HybridZ

Head Gasket Question

shri2222

I ordered a Cometic Head gasket for a N/A looking at how all the passages matched the block, Now that I have received it, I noticed one port is block.

Will this be ok?, or am I in for trouble if I use it? And is that a oil passages or coolant? I also posted some comparison HGs

HeadgasketL28.png

Edited by shri2222

Cometic is now making L28 head gaskets? Awesome! Last I spoke with them they we not planning on doing the tooling to produce these. Founds this:

http://www.shopengineparts.com/parts.aspx?eid=965&cid=24&type=engine&vtype=Import&make=Nissan&model=L-Series+Inline+6

You can probably have someone punch a hole there that has a punch press. If it is coolant, you are probably OK as it looks like there is another coolant hole just opposite the blocked one.

Edited by z-ya

Cometic is now making L28 head gaskets? Awesome! Last I spoke with them they we not planning on doing the tooling to produce these. Founds this:

http://www.shopengineparts.com/parts.aspx?eid=965&cid=24&type=engine&vtype=Import&make=Nissan&model=L-Series+Inline+6

You can probably have someone punch a hole there that has a punch press. If it is coolant, you are probably OK as it looks like there is another coolant hole just opposite the blocked one.

Yea, they make them now, I just got mine in yesterday from topend performance, They make them per order, the box it ships in has the cometic part number and the production date on the label. It looks great to, I ordered their 0.060 1.5mm only thing is that one passage.

• 4 weeks later...