HybridZ

XXR 527

Hey All.

Im highly interested in purchasing a set of XXR 527.

Found a wheel/tire combo on craigslist for about $700 with the following specs

XXR 527

Chromium Black

4x100/4x114

15x8.25

0 offset

Nexen - Tires are still new

195/45/15

As of right now I have stock suspension, but planning to do coilovers and ZG flares. Will this combo be able to work on the car?

Thanks in advance.

No, That will look absolutely terrible, I have 527 16" with 225/50/16. If you put 195/45/15 on your car it is going to look like it has a lifted pickup with smaller tires then stock, which looks like A$s. Very poor fitment, and no you don't need to roll your fenders with these wheels.

Edited by shri2222

It depends on which tire you use. I have Hankook RS-3 in 225/50-16 on the XXR531 16x8 (same size rim I believe) and even with the fenders rolled the tires rub in the rear. I'll add that these are the widest 225 tires I've seen, but the point is you can't assume that all tires with the same size on the sidewall will have the same width.

It depends on which tire you use. I have Hankook RS-3 in 225/50-16 on the XXR531 16x8 (same size rim I believe) and even with the fenders rolled the tires rub in the rear. I'll add that these are the widest 225 tires I've seen, but the point is you can't assume that all tires with the same size on the sidewall will have the same width.

I agree, I have heard people say they rub sometimes, the 527s are 8.25 wide, that tiny 1/4 inch on my Kumhos rolls the sidewall ever so slightly and make it clear on mine. I've had Hankooks on my last car, and they do have a thicker sidewall with rim protector bead, which could rub on a tight fit setup.