HybridZ

EMS Pro help needed

tunerpike

Hey Guys,

I am needing a little help...

My uncle has a 83' 280zxt, he knows absolutly nothing about wiring etc.. So, he sprung for the EMS Pro that has been sitting in the box for over 2 years. I am an electrical engineer and have wired up a few cars, so I told him the other day that I would do it for him.

I already have the stock wiring harness out of the car, as well as other things that I don't plan to use.

I believe this EMS Pro is based on MS1, I am not really sure though. I really just want to do a basic install, using the 83' dizzy and possibly stock injectors. I have a GM map, IAT, Coolent temp and tps.

I have read that the tps out of a automatic car is a potentiometer type. Is that true? IF so, it would be easier to install.

I have found this diagram to wire by, I just wanted to make sure that it pertains to the EMS Pro. Also, do I have to use an MSD in order to make this work?

http://imageshack.us/f/379/megasquirtmsdkcjversioncopy7fe.jpg/

I really appreciate any help that you guys can offer. Normally I would have done months and months of research before tackling a project like this and to be honest I really don't know what to search for. This is just a black box with fancy blue leds sitting in front of me.

Thank you both for your time.

Randy, so your saying the diagram I posted is correct, other then I need to take the fidle wire to the small gauge yellow wire on the igniter? Also, where is best place to run all the grounds. 10mm on the intake?

NewZed are you saying this is an MS1 with MSnS?

Edited by tunerpike

I just found something on the internet called eMS-Pro, with a connection to Megasquirt, so passed the information on. To give you a better idea of what you might be working with. You could post a picture of the circuit board and someone might recognize it as an MS board. Plus it would add some color to your thread.

The filde wire will work-you assign its output in the software.All of your sensor grounds need to run all the way back to the ecm-do not depend on engine or car bodies for a ground.you need to run #14 wire from the battery - to the ground pins on the ecm.then ground all the sensors back to the ecm ground pins

The eMS-Pro has a different pinout. We've got a wiring diagram (not Nissan specific, but between it and the diagram posted earlier, it should be enough to get by) for it as part of the install guide here:

eMS-Pro installation guide

The eMS-Pro doesn't do direct coil control, so it will need an external ignition module like an MSD-6, HEI, etc.

• 3 months later...

Guys quick question...

I have already built the new injector harness but after doing I am beginning to wonder if I did it correctly. I wired them via two banks and did it by the cylinder and not by firing order, cylinder 1,2,3 then 4,5,6 or wired together.

FYI, I am using the 83' dizzy going back to the msd 6a... Thx

That injector wiring should work ok, the stock system was batch fire.  I'm not sure if that version ecu has the pulse width modulation for low impendence injectors which the stock L28ET injectors are low impendence.  Definitely find out because if it doesn't you will need to wire some resistors on the 12v feed of the injectors. 

That injector wiring should work ok, the stock system was batch fire.  I'm not sure if that version ecu has the pulse width modulation for low impendence injectors which the stock L28ET injectors are low impendence.  Definitely find out because if it doesn't you will need to wire some resistors on the 12v feed of the injectors. 

The eMS-Pro can do PWM current limiting and incorporates a couple noise reduction features for it not in a standard MegaSquirt - that's why it has two separate 12 volt feeds, for example.

• 1 month later...

Guys.. Please correct me if I am wrong on this...

My ING-A wire will go to the white wire on the MSD

then the rest of the MSD will wire accordingly

Coming off the 83 dizzy

Green/Black off the distributor will go to Tachin ---- with a 1k ohm resistor going to a continous hot (if so what watt resistor)

Black/White will go to a continous hot

Black stright to Ground

Matt or anybody with knowledge on this chime in a let me know....

I really appreciate everyones help

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, I am using an 83' dizzy to fire this thing with an MSD 6A......

Can you tell me where these dip switches need to be??

Also, this car is nearly stock with a turbo upgrade... Can you or someone help me out with a basic get running tune. Thx

Edited by tunerpike