HybridZ

What's a L26 engine and tranny worth?

zohanisback

Hopefully this won't get flagged as I am NOT selling this drive train, I'm simply curious as to what the worth is if I do sell it in the next year to help with LS1 expenses. I REPEAT, not for sale right now. Now that we've taken care of that...

L26 engine. Triple Webber carbs (super torque). You can hardly start the engine slow as a little gas = big jerk. I always started rolling with easy clutch, no gas. Transmission is a 5 speed swapped from a 79 280zx 2+2 NA (I believe). Engine doesn't leak a drop of anything and has roughly 90k on it. Runs super good, started every time. Transmission does leak slowly and needs more oil, but I'm pretty sure it's still good (drained until I noticed it wasn't shifting smooth anymore). IDK guys, how much are these worth?

• 4 weeks later...

Er.... yeah, those triples are worth more than the other two parts of the package alone!

PM me with the manufacture date of your 260, and the engine number. I may have a candidate for it if it's got the original head on it as well (E88 I think).

I'd put the carbs up for bid, and get what you could for the rest. A good five speed is getting harder to find these days, you may be surprised. The Engine is a tarbaby, not an L24, not an L28...sad.gif