HybridZ

Cross brace for framerails on S30?

280z4me2

Just received my bad-dog frame rails for my 280Z. Car will have a LT1 so any extra frame support to ease my mind(and not be to much overkill) would be great.

While I have the car upside down, I am thinking of welding a few cross braces from one to the other. Maybe a weld in drive shaft loop...??? Anyone here done it?

Interested in this as well. I decided to go the custom route, but have yet to really get them drawn up or welded in/cut to size/shape. I will be welding in a custom rear strut brace, and making a custom front one as well. I will also be using a kirk racing bolt in roll bar, but aside from the custom frame rails, have not decided what other frame reinforcing will happen.

• 1 month later...

The 280Z unibody is pretty strong and most bracing in not really needed like in the 240Z.

That said for piece of mind, I cut 1/8" steel plates to reinforce the front frame rails with the floor Baddog rails at the junction of the dog leg and also welded the edge to the firewall.

I then welded in the custom T56 mount to the floor pan and the Baddog rails, the center section of the mount has 2 large bolts on each side. (The drawings for this T56 mount are on this site, if you can't find it I have it)

I then fabricated a 3 point front strut bar brace and a triangulated rear strut bar brace. I also welded in more plate to the front frame rails for the large sway bar mounts.