HybridZ

Will this fuel cell fit my 260z?

voltron_boi

I have a local freind that is selling his fuel cell from his 1985 mustang, and I was just wondering if it will fit my 260z. I try to search around for the length, width, and height of the stock 260z fuel tank, but didnt get any luck on spec. Anyone?

Length:27

Width-19 3/4

Height-9 3/4

Edited by voltron_boi

This is what the freind say.

"27" long 19 3/4" wide and 9 3/4" deep it has the factory gm ford sending unit so you can get a gas gauge reading,

9D249D00-2FDA-483D-A2DC-86617C7D63D7-11916-00000B1F9C31FC7E.jpg

By the way, he had this fuel cell set up for a carburetor vehicle, and only have 1 fuel line out, and no return port on the fuel cell. Will this even work with my EFI setup?

Edited by voltron_boi

eff that. For 300 you can get a 15 gallon cell that WILL fit with inlets and outlets that are needed for efi as well as a surge tank with all the fittings and a good fuel pump. If you are willing to spend that much on a fuel tank setup, I would personally look into an internal pump cell. Only reason I went with my 20 gallon tank is I was able to get it for $100. vs 200 to clean my stock tank. Im cheap like that.

I thought about it, and decide to ditch the buddy fuel cell. I am now leaning towards the jegs pro street fuel cell sump, the 16 gallon one non foam. I am carious what's the different between foam and non foam?

If I decide to purchase the jegs fuel cell, will my currently fuel delivery system, work with the cell?

I have Walbro fuel pump and a carter electrical fuel pump that is currently pushing fuel through my surge tank.

If I decide to purchase the jegs fuel cell, will my currently fuel delivery system, work with the cell?

I have Walbro fuel pump and a carter electrical fuel pump that is currently pushing fuel through my surge tank.

anyone, I will be very much appreciate? So should I run 2 fuel pump or just 1? Need to know, so I can order my braided line and fittings.

• 2 weeks later...

should be ok with just the one fuel pump and l/p pump for surge tank. Dont use the foam, it just breaks down so fast with ca 91 and it was floating over the fuel sending baffles and giving me false readings. plus it was rubbing on the top of the baffles and crumbling apart.