HybridZ

75' 280z misfire and runs rich

stav2201

I have a 1975 280z with an f54 block and p90 head (was turbo but went back to 75 stock efi). Im running no smog equipment, so no charcoal canister, or Egr valve, Cold start is also disconnected since i live in california. When driving or at idle it misfires and while i am decelerating you can smell alot of gas, im assuming that it is running rich while is decelerate, Maybe injector stuck open? I checked my spark plugs and they are fine, changed my plug wires, cleaned off my rotor and distributor cap (they are worn slightly). All my valve clearances are within spec as well. Anyone ever suffer from issues slightly related to this? I dont think i have a burnt valve since i believe the head was rebuilt when i pulled it from the junkyard.

The ECU, AFM, distributor and manifolds (with BCDD and various vacuum operated devices) that you're using with the F54/P90 engine will make a big difference. The turbo stuff won't work right, and the original 1975 stuff would need some tweaking. What are you using?

Forgot to mention, the car was turbo before using the 300zx ecu. I took it out and now im running stock 75 ecu, al of the turbo components have been removed except for the p90head and f54 block. All of the smog equipment has been removed all the vacuum lines have been properly blocked off as well. The exhaust I have on the car is the stock down pipe for a 75 but the rest is a little bigger, not sure if it makes that big of a difference though