HybridZ

l28et harness question

taylor76zharris

CAS signal is the same. Plug from the CAS is the same. I used an '81 harness and ECU on my '83 motor with the CAS in the dizzy - ECU didn't care... Should work the other-way-around.

The wiring to the injectors is fairly simple: There is one Red +12V constant supply - I believe it splits somewhere near the intake manifold to the six injectors. Solder a resistor into each of the six supply wires... They're large - usually in a ceramic casing.

How can i use and 82-83 EFI harness with an 81t ecu? The 82-83 EFI harness doesnt have the plug for the fuel injector resistors. Ive heard you can splice some in does anyone know how to do this?

Yes you just need to take the +12V side of the injectors and add the resistors in series with each individual injector or you can get an '82-83 ECU that doesn't need resistors. The CAS signal is the same for both - in fact the '81 reluctor setup has the same pig tail plug (round four pin) as the '82-83 optical encoder wheel dizzy setup.