HybridZ

anyone ever used ls exhaust manifolds in a z?

If they look anything like the VH41 manifolds (what I heard anyways) they should fit great. If you want to be sure ask member fuzzydicerule.He just finished an ls1 swap and for some reason he made his own so maybe not.

Edited by akeboshi

I used stock 98-99 Z28 manifolds. I had to cut off the flanges and weld an extension on to the end but they work.

I built my own mounts but my engine placement is very close to where the JCI kit puts the engine.

img3488w.jpg

IMAG1089.jpg

edit: listed the wrong years

Edited by 280zcar

280zcar, I think those are 98-99 F-body manifolds, the newer ones were cast iron instead of the stainless steel. Cant really weld to the cast iron unless your a welding wizard. I do believe those F-body manifolds would fit though, thats what I was trying to find until I purchased some 98-99? vette manifolds. I will say the vette manifolds will not clear the stearing shaft on the drivers side even if you make them into serios block huggers. They do however, fit really well through the 280z hood vents :D

-Will