HybridZ

I let the smoke out

motomanmike

Well I figured i'd share my overwhelmingly silly mistake last night. I got my bip373 in the mail. I had already jumpered the JS10 on my MSII 3.57, and proceeded to solder in the bip373. I tinned up the resistor and had it ready. In the mean time I had a phone call. After the phone call my girlfriend came home and let the dogs out, they came in the shop, got distracted for awhile. When I came back in the shop I thought I had finished what I started and plugged the board into the ecu harness, turned the key on and POOF, fried the bigger chip on the daughter card. Instantly. I immedietly turned the key off, and have not done anything with it since. Needless to say i've very frustrated with myself. I've spent damn near a grand on this set up and my car still sits. I'm not one to hide things or try to make it out like i'm more knowledgeable than I am but I wanted to share my misfortune so maybe someone else won't fry their board.

I've emailed Matt so hopefully I can send this back to him and pay them at DIY to repair it.

Has anyone done this? Is it easily repaired or does it fry more than the daughter card? I'm thinking maybe new daughter card and install resistor and i'm good?

The red LED inside the board near the DB37 stayed lit so i'm hoping the main board is ok. I'm afraid to even hook it to the stim at the moment.

I'm hoping i'll hear something back from them today... we shall see.

AND MATT COMES THROUGH :) Had me wondering if i'd have to wait until Monday to hear back. I'm just going to send it back and have them repair the unit. Hopefully this will be its last trip to Georgia.

THANKS AGAIN MATT!!!! I was worried i'd have to wait until Monday to hear from you. Thought maybe that death machine had taken its first victim or something LOL

NewZed. If you EVER in MD i'm buying you a cold one.

Word to the wise. If you ever get distracted while working on your MS board. Take an hour and quadruple check everything or you may let the smoke out too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Matt has been very very very helpful and I applaud him for his customer service. After getting my MSII back today and from the questions he asked I think I had 2 problems. I had m negative coil wire to S1 on the relay board so it shot 12volts through somewhere it shouldn't.

Anyhow all is hooked up and happy but i don't have the settings right to get it to fire up. I have spark YEAH!!! I have injector pulse. Fuel pump primes and shuts off and then comes on while cranking. We shall see.

I sent a data log to Matt hopefully he can give some insight but i'm reading as much as I have time for at the moment. I've been working 65 hours a week so time is not my most abundant thing at the moment.

I'll get it sooner or later. Lots of people look at posts when you fry stuff I see, up to 200 LOL.