HybridZ

question about SDS and Fuel delivery on L28T

Guest Speaker

Guest Speaker

if i install the SDS on a 280z L28T

will i need a rising rate adjustable FPR?

one that is boost sensitive...

i'm not quite sure about this... i plan on running the stock 280zx turbo injectors unless i need some bigger ones; how big are those out of a SVO Mustang?

its just i got some money to spend now on the car i want to buy and i need to know if i need a couple fuel delivery items...

thanks

If you are going to use a nice flexible system like SDS, you have no need for a rising rate FPR. Those things are bandaids for inadequate injection systems. If you are doing a high HP build-up you will need bigger injectors. The brown-top SVO turbo injectors are rated at 370cc/min, good for maybe 350 HP depending on fuel pressure. You may need a bigger pump too, I don't know what the stock turbo pump flows, but it's not enough for 300 HP I bet.

A good low cost option could be 2nd gen RX7 injectors (from normally aspirated motor). I hear they flow about 420cc or so and have the right impedence. I don't know if they will have the right nose to go into the manifold like the Mustang SVO injectors. And I know nothing about Z32 injectors -- there is a high cost option from NISMO -- 550cc.

A good guideline on how much HP an injector can support is:

(inj cc/7) * # of cyls = HP @ 80% duty cycle

It is a conservative but safe number and obviously you can support more HP by running a higher duty cycle and higher fuel pressure. For the 370cc injs, that number is 317+ but with higher duty cycle and about 43# FP, I can see 350-360hp.

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

Scottie's GNZ

Speaker: I have 420's sitting on my shelf here. Check on z31.com..they are from a 75 mercedes or some **** like that. Bought them to go in the 300 but am going to throw them in the 280 once I get a DFI on it. Seems like they were around $300 for all 6.

JT

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :) 8.4 @ 90 1/8 mile with a bad bad traction problem.

1994 Mustang Cobra with a few mods.....

http://turbotaylor.homestead.com/files/index.html

Guest Speaker

yeh i plan on a much larger fuel pump... i got a part number for a 454 or something like that... i already seen a car that has it and it runs fine

and that same car is running the 370cc injectors and its making around 360rwhp...

what kind of injectors are larger than that?

those that come with some other stock car; just so they don't cost much...

something in the 400cc to 500cc range...

do Z32TT injectors have the same impedence and design as the L28Ts?

Guest Speaker

wow cool

Chris is gonna check to see if he's got some T2 injectors...

the early 87 T2s had low impedence inj. and the post87s had high impedance...

and they were all 550cc injectors...

btw: top end performance is telling me $1275 for a ball bearing T3/T4 hybrid... i'm still iffy on that... i may just go with the $700 non ball bearing and buy it from turbonetics themselves...

i want 380-400rwhp... and to be able to run 18-20psi on the street with a decent rpm power level... i'd like the turbo to spool full around 3500rpms at the most... then i'd be happy...

i plan on getting about the same size FMIC that you have; but bigger injectors...

this car is gonna be totally trick man smile.gif

my stock just jumped up... BIG TIME...

i made $7000 smile.gif so i sold off back tot he original $2000 i had used...

so $7000 sitting in bank asking me to spend on this car...

check out the new Konig Verdicts; those are the rims i want...

dude i need your help to find a L28T engine for cheap; but in decent condition... and lemme know whats up with purchasing a LSD...

i'll email you the list of **** i'm putting into this car... you'll flip man...

yay

[This message has been edited by Speaker (edited March 14, 2001).]