HybridZ

Green Machine online Logbook

Looking good!

Thanks bud. Feeling sore..lol.

Thanks 1000X to CPD for doing all the hard work, and making it fun.

Most fun I've had in my life.

Dang monkeys! :)

post-1894-0-60950300-1387514204_thumb.jpg

Luckily he doesn't know about Hybridz LOL

Edited by duragg

• 2 weeks later...

Rebello L30 motor is in and running.

Feels like double the power of the old L28 (which was injured).

Wheel dyno next week and adjustments to stay in 9:1 (+.1 or -.3 depending on tires).

If you never see me post the dyno numbers you will know how it went...

Konis 8610-1437RACE single adjustable.  Tolerated a dead shock (the beaten up one) for 15 years planning to replace it "one day," then Tokico goes belly up!  Replaced all 4 shocks (what a PITA) all because of the one bad one.  Surprised nobody has tried to buy them yet, surely I'm not the only guy out there with one bad Tokico....will put them on ebay later this week.  For what it is worth (probably not much), the tokicos are more stiff in both bump and compression than the konis when compressed by hand out of the tube.  But, in rebound, you can really tell when you have the konis in full soft or full dampening.  Not so for the tokicos-my little elbow shock dyno can't tell a bit of difference from setting 1 to setting 5. Just finished the AZC wildwood conversion.  When I was trying to get 200# torque on the stub axle nut, I couldn't get the rear wheels to lock.  So, I went to my prop valve and set it full loose (definitely couldn't get 200# on the nut), then I set the prop valve full power (and rear wheel locked right up and took the 200#).  It is nice to be able to see these adjustable components working as advertised.  With the old Maxima calipers, I could never tell if the prop valve was full on or off, and I had to use the parking brake to help hold the wheel for torquing the stub axle nut.  Its coming together!

Edited by RebekahsZ

I haven't really started dialing in the carbs yet. They are perfect 11.5 to 12.5 at WOT and being a track only car, who cares about the rest. But i will make some new idle jets and probably reposition one of the Prog Ports with the Franck tool. Maybe..

Dynojet in Phoenix at the NASA approved facility..

258 to the wheels was our best, but there were indications of detonation so we had to pull timing.

Final configuration for classing purposes with filters and safe timing on 100LL fuel will be 248 wheels (245+ from 6250 to 7500)

With a few weight changes and 275 tires gets me just perfect at the ST3 class limit of 9:1.

Motor is clean, dry, healthy and seems happy.

Did I want 275?  yes I did.

Might need to revist Bob Reams system soon..

That particular dyno we are required to use seems a little harsh on its readings.

I dyno'd my old motor which had previously been near 200, and this dynojet said 165, a number that just didn't make sense based on how I was holding against other cars. But this is the classing requirement.

Bob Ream makes EFI ITBs with the same footprint as the DCOE carbs.

Totally custom, very cool, vrry spensive.

Seat time & racecraft > a few more hp