HybridZ

pinks! engine tune?

mikeemo240z

I have the engine from the car that was on pinks . Of course the engine has been freshend up since then. I'm am wanting to know if any one knows of the tune that they used. I heard big Phil used there tune back in the day. If anyone could help that would be awesome! I have a rough tune on it right now but just would like to get the same tune the pinks car had, ofcourse I will have to tweek it. Any help.....please lol

Hey man, this is Andrew (milky), I meant to get back in touch with you but I've been so busy with school here lately. I should be free some this Sunday, if your not busy, I could swing by with my laptop and see if my tune does it any good. I will try and remember to shoot you a text message tomorrow morning. If anything, I can help get the tune closer than what it is currently.

*edit

It appears you bought the car from CJ. Anyways, the same offer still stands, I would be more than happy to help you out putting a tune on it.

Edited by lowrider

I hope you degreed the cam b/c it was off according to the dyno. If the cam timing needs to be adjusted, you would have to go through all the VE tables regardless, so I would just start from scratch with the tuning. Or at least download a base map from the forum and use that as a starting point.

I havnt had the car long, the engine and setup was in another z car and was running fine then it was put into the z car I have now and the car runs like crap. But yeah Andrew if you could come down sometime that would be awesome. I'm like 2 mins from Carson Newman college, ill give ya a text or call later.

There are some old you tube vidoes i believe of Phil tuning that map on a pc. I'm not sure how big your monitor is but you might be able to zoom in enough to read the values of the VE table he was tuning. They were leaning it out because the tune was so rich for what they were running on but i'm pretty sure he said it was the pinks map. I stumbled across it a few days ago searching for L28ET tuning. It was a blue Z they were working on, part of the vid shows them adjusting the valves and fooling around in the shop.

Edited by motomanmike