HybridZ

Which mustache bar are you using with STI R180?

wickiewicked240z

I have a 240z R180 mustache bar its flat and a R200 mustache bar with the cross-member. I installed 2005 STI R180 now I try using the R180 mustache bar but there's a 1/2 gap in the rear were the 2 mounting bolts are at so the back of the diff cover is won't touch the bar. Now if I flip the bar its to far forward and the diff won't fit. What I ended up doing was using the R200 mustache bar and putting rubber bushings on the mouthing bolts that are 1/2 thick in between the Diff cover and the mustache bar.

Rubber bushings between the bar and the cover are a bad idea, I believe.  The diff has a lot of leverage on those studs.   Not clear how that could work. 

Didn't the early 70 240Z's use a different front mount and bar?  The whole short driveshaft thing.  Sounds like you have an early 240Z front mount which has the diff mounted forward.  Just a guess, I never got in to all of the details of the early 240Z forward-mounted diff.

Edited by NewZed

the front mount is from a R200  cause that's what I was running before the swap. My 240z is a 71, didn't they switched mustache bars with the bends in the middle in the late 240z?   Does anyone have pictures of their sti lsd with the R180 mustache bar? There is no way that when I screw in the nuts  on the rear cover that the R180 mustache bar is going to bend that much to touch the rear diff cover.