HybridZ

HELP! Cannot remove oil filter nipple!

BlueStag

Future Reference:

Pack the oil gallery with Lubriplate 630AA mush it in there but good.

Take a half-cut hacksaw blade and cut from the inside out towards the threads. You don't have to go all the way through, just get a good score in it. The Lubriplate will keep the fine shavings from getting into the oil passage...

Then make another cut 15-30 degrees away from the other (12:00 and 1 or 2:00) and cut similarly. Use a cape chisel or centerpunch to knock the 'wedge' you cut in towards the center of the pipe. This usually pulls the threads away from the walls so you can turn it out. If not, it collapses it, and then you can get in there and collapse more into the centre until you can turn it out.

You don't HAVE to cut the center score, but it makes a clean-break and peel-out scenario much easier.

Days late, dollars short. Sorry, I was drivin'!

Future Reference:

Pack the oil gallery with Lubriplate 630AA mush it in there but good.

Take a half-cut hacksaw blade and cut from the inside out towards the threads. You don't have to go all the way through, just get a good score in it. The Lubriplate will keep the fine shavings from getting into the oil passage...

Then make another cut 15-30 degrees away from the other (12:00 and 1 or 2:00) and cut similarly. Use a cape chisel or centerpunch to knock the 'wedge' you cut in towards the center of the pipe. This usually pulls the threads away from the walls so you can turn it out. If not, it collapses it, and then you can get in there and collapse more into the centre until you can turn it out.

You don't HAVE to cut the center score, but it makes a clean-break and peel-out scenario much easier.

Days late, dollars short. Sorry, I was drivin'!

It had occurred to me, I have done it many times when maintaining my yard sprinklers.