HybridZ

Datsun L24, L26, L28 chain wedge dimensions

JCan

But how much more pointy? and how much longer?    I guess I should purchase a wedge and measure it for prosperity?  I was hoping somebody would provide dimensions.

Jim

PS

I understand the wedge I made is not optimum, however i have used this type of wedge many times as a kid and used the above wedge 4 times in since January and did not have any problems.

Got  mine from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002Q8TV4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01

For $5.22 I couldn't afford not to buy one. 

I used it this past weekend when adjusting my cam timing. It works perfectly. It slips in with no effort. There is no tension on it, so I don't see how it could "pop" in any direction unless you futzed with it when you shouldn't.

It does allow the tensioner to move out a bit - taking a little bit of chain slack- but slipping a long screwdriver through the cam sprocket into the cam allows you to lever the sprocket right back on. 

Sam

I received the Powerbuilt timing chain wedge tool today from ToolSmith. Nice piece. Its rubbery and appears well made.

I've attached a nice pdf with a picture of the tool scaled to real size so you guys anxious to make one of your own can do it easily.

Print it to 8.5 x 11 paper with NO scaling or centering or margins, or whatever your printer driver would like you to use. The real dimensions are on the picture as well for comparison.

The only part that didn't scale very close to reality is the width of the skinny part of the bottom. It is 0.975 inch wide, not the 1" that comes out on the paper print. There is some photographic distortion from paralax I'm sure.

Enjoy!

post-2004-0-81757300-1358957691_thumb.jpg

(Edit) seeing that photo, the difference in the one I had stolen was at the botom end, maybe the bottom two holes up, the thing was a smidge wider--when it went past the tensioner, you felt that wider part pass and it got easier to drop in. I guess it kept inadvertent snagging of the pull wire from easily dislodging it. it would lift a bit, then get snug.,.

So you're saying with one of those plastic printers we could make one of these instead of plastic TSA evading firearms?

I'm THERE!

"Are you sure you want to Cancel current printing job "PLSTCSTENMKIV'?"

Yes...

Now...

Edited by Tony D

• 1 month later...