HybridZ

WTB: R200 input flange/pinion flange

RebekahsZ

Please refer to the 2 attached figures.  The measurements on the tracing are fairly accurate give or take a few mms.  The photo shows which differential flange I'm looking for - it is the one on the front of the diff that the driveshaft bolts to.

Seems every R200 has a little different pinion flange. The measurements on the paper reflect the flange that is compatable with my JCI driveshaft.  I have two differentials that I hope to quick-change, so I need an additional flange.

If you have what looks to be the right flange and you'll part with it-send me a PM and lets talk turkey.

post-5903-0-19061100-1358734857_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-76993800-1358734869_thumb.jpg

I thought that there were only two flanges - the ones used on the 76-83 Z and ZX R200's and the one used on the 1975 280Z and the 84 and up ZX R200's.  1975 is the oddball, but otherwise the break is at 83-84.

That's bolt-pattern and size I'm referring to.  Somewhere in the 76-83 range they changed from square to round in shape but the bolt pattern is the same.  You didn't give the pattern dimensions, which are the most important piece.

Edited by NewZed

Yes, I should have measured it and marked it better than I did, but it is all bolted back together.  The photo of the diff is the wrong size flange, I just included it so that folks would know that I was talking about the pinion flange and not an axle flange.  The bolts are 8mm.  If somebody has a flange that measures out with the meaurements I've given I'll take a chance and buy it.  If it is wrong I haven't lost much-(surely/hopefully this won't be an expensive part).  If it is correct it will make things a lot more convenient for me and I can keep my spare diff fully assembled and full of oil.

The one you want has a rectangular bolt pattern but is sometimes found as a round flange but the bolt pattern is still rectangular as mentioned above.

It has 8mm holes and is 61.58mm between the "long spaced holes" and 52.8mm on the shorter run if you simply put the points of some calipers in and spread them until they stop........or measure with a tape measure.

The round flange can be found on 280zx non-turbo, and 200sx turbo R200 cars.

The rectangular flange is found on earlier Z car R200s.

The 280zx turbo uses a rectangular flange with but with 10mm holes and a different spacing.

M30 uses a slightly longer flange than the Z31 to facilitate the abs tone wheel.

This is M30 on the left and 1985 200sx turbo on the right.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8156/7609972220_3d84d536c8_b.jpg

Edited by HowlerMonkey

Please refer to the 2 attached figures.  The measurements on the tracing are fairly accurate give or take a few mms.  The photo shows which differential flange I'm looking for - it is the one on the front of the diff that the driveshaft bolts to.

Seems every R200 has a little different pinion flange. The measurements on the paper reflect the flange that is compatable with my JCI driveshaft.  I have two differentials that I hope to quick-change, so I need an additional flange.

If you have what looks to be the right flange and you'll part with it-send me a PM and lets talk turkey.

P/m sent.