HybridZ

how far foward does your ls sit

Mine will be super easy to get out. I can get to all the bell housing bolts from the top. Im running powerglide with transbrake. 5.3 with pt 88mm with 150 shot should run mid 5s to high 5s in the 1/8th. Just dont want it standing up with so much engine set back

You have a point regarding the weight to the back but its also nice to have the extra room up front to set up the turbo.  My engine sits about 3" further back than the typical kit location,F47/ R53 weight  . The front end does lift a bit but there's lots of adjustment in the 4 link and front end to get that under control.      Personally I believe for cars and women a little lift in the right places looks much better!

If there isn't a 9" how-to on the forum, we sure need one. Would you consider putting a bunch of photos and a parts list on the forum? We would owe you a debt of gratitude.

Dr. Hunt was going to do this years ago when he got the chance but I haven't seen the writeup. This was a simple ladder bar setup using a Ford 8.8; which when built right is very hard to destroy. I've never had an issue in my drag setup Mustang (built 8.8) and routinely cut mid to low 1.3 60 foot times.

The 8.8s are everywhere and easy to source good parts. Something to think about when considering the heft of the 9". Oops, I think we are getting off the topic a bit....

I didnt do the work on the 9" bit ill get some pics up. I bought the car rolling with cage ladderbar set up with 9" moser axles spool fuel pump weld wheels stole it for 1500 bucks. All body work is done and painted hot rod block not a spec of rust in the car

I email mine from my phone to my laptop, then copy them to a file on the computer, then load them from there into hybridz via the attach file function.

Wow thats a lot of steps. I just upload it to photobucket from my phone and post the link on the site......

Damn, thats a steal!  I would love to go solid axle but I am concerned about mounting the seat and fitting in the car. Usually you lose a lot of leg room when going solid axle and back halving the car. Please post some pictures!

Continuing with the off-topic solid axle talk. As far as packaging goes, going with a torque arm setup like the 3rd and 4th gen f-bodies had should allow a solid axle with very minimal body cutting. Would definitely fit much better than a 4 link/ladder bar setup would and they can be dialed in to work really well. If I were to end up solid axle swapping mine thats what I would use, the coil over mounting and watts link/panhard bar would be the hardest part.

-Will

• 1 month later...

i really wish i could figure out how to post pics on here. I have recently got the cam and valve springs swapped. engine is in car have to finish driveshaft fuel system and cooling and shell be ready. hoping this project runs good. Any ideas on weight 280z 5.3 truck motor no bumpers and all interior out except one seat. running 9" ford and ladder bars with powerglide trans.