HybridZ

ever have a tire that simply will not bead? Hoosier vintage race.

So after input from the guys here I bought Hoosier speedster vintage race radials.  Three go on like butter (Hoosiers usually do,)  one will not bead.  I have used tire lube, slip, moved it on and off the sealing ring, ran it to over 100lbs and left it overnight, beat the tire with a mallet, bounced the heck out of it, still nothing.  The most I can do is change where the tire isn't seated.  Took it to a tire store with the same result.

Any wisdom?

To help understand if the problem lies with the tire or the rim, take one of the "good" tires and try to swap the good tire to the problem rim, and then the problem tire with the good rim. One should work, one should not. I'm betting on the rim.

Had the exact problem Saturday on a customer's car at a race - all 4 tires on brand new Keizer wheels.  Took them back to the Hoosier tire busters and they swaped the tires around on the rims as mentioned above.  That got them all to seat.  Should not be a problem in the future according to Hoosier.