HybridZ

rb-26Z goes 11.134

stony

with only suspension mods and tire pressure had a best run of 11.134 @ 120.67 that was after i let the car sit with ice on intercooler and intake manifold. run consistant 11.3-11.5 all day but had some knocking i have to work on. Previous best was 11.987 @ 114. so im happy. should be in teh 10s soon ;> icon_smile.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JAMIE T

Not bad for a Ricer icon_wink.gif Man, that things haulin'!!! Good job. When my 240 grows up it wants to be just like yours.

Jamie

Deathstar

the way the motor sits now its maxed out . i need to upgrade injectors so i can booste alittle more right now its boosting .8 bar or 11.5 PSI. So im thinking there is alot of tuning left ;> 720 cc injectors and 1.2 bar or 17psi and i be in the 10s easy. i also have to work on my no load fuel map i cant get it above 5 grand while sitting at the line staging. if i dont get it just right it falls on its nose of the line with too much fuel. thats when i get a 11.8. If i can get that part ironed out it will be a consistent car. Im no longer so afraid of breaking anyting anymore after all the runs under my belt....if i can get the rpms up more on the launch (6000-6500) 60 foot times should drop some more.

Traction was ausome i had tire spin but i could hold the pedal to the floor on launch. Its the hardest the cars launched to date.

I ended up placing second in the race (bracket) a damn honda beat me with a 15.414 on a 15.30 dial. I drove a 11.672 on a 11.1(weak) dial it was my first time and i was pretty sure i wouldnt break out but after i thought about it i was putting my self at a disadvantage by doing that. should have used a 11.3 would have been closer.

heres the time sheet for those who want to pic at it and give me advice ;>

reation .790

60 ft 1.636

330 ft 4.587

1/8 et 7.108 @ 98.04

1/4 et 1.134 @ 120.67

oh yea this is on 92 octane pump gas ;>

Damn, 12psi of boost! DOH! I knew there was a reason I wanted to do the AWD skyline setup in a 240Z. You definitely show the potential of the motors and yours is not a super built motor is it? Man, the proper setup could easily create a 9 second street car! Anyway, that is awesome what you have done and I wish I could get my car to the track this century. The new twin turbo setup will be complete within a months time. BTW, what kind of tires are you running?

With the exception of the engine management and the trust FMIC from a silva. the engine is bone stock. stock booste stock turbos and injectors.Im using M&H dot wrinkle wall street tires. similar to the ET Street. Im waiting on a set of the BFGS i won on ebay... 275x50x15 ;>

on the gearing im going though the traps @ 8000rpm in 3rd gear ;> i wish i had a lower ratio would like to be in forth.

As soon as i can figure out the no load throttle setting i should be able to improve teh 60 ft times i want to launch in the 6000rpm range. as long as the tires hold;>

Guest MM_280Z

Use Dry Ice next time and you'll get it! Or, wrap the intake with some copper pipe with some quick release fittings, and run liguid nitrogen through it in the pits! icon_cool.gif

Just goes to show you the magic of the RB26-dett. Runnning those times on 12 psi of boost, huge power band and high redline is a killer combo. Good work stony, we are all cheering for you. We are certainly getting some killer cars on this board, most of them are legitimate street cars which is even more impressive.

Guest Anonymous

everyone has already said most of the good stuff. But looking at a Z in the 10 sec range is amazing, we are some smart mutherfuqers. We share our ideas and plan all this stuff out, and it just shows what we can do. This board rocks. I hope to get mine on the road one of these days......

Guest Anonymous

Stony,

Way to go!! icon_wink.gif I was wonder if you have heard the talk about the ceramic turbo's coming apart when run at 14psi and higher. Read on some other boards about this and and most are saying that 12psi is the safe area for the turbo life. If you go higher are you going to upgrade to the ball bearing steel turbo's or ?? How is the SDS working? are you using the dual MAF meters or MAP? Dose the car run and idle like a stocker icon_biggrin.gif Keep us posted because we love that RB sh!t. Hey, I had a copy of the service manual made for the GTR!!!

Dan GTRZ

Yeah thats the key Clint. Every board has its share of fast cars, but how many can say they are/can be daily driven street cars? And how many can carve up the twisties at the same time as laying down sub-13 second runs?

Can't wait to see you hit 10's stony!

dan id love a copy if you can ????

ceramic turbos if im not mistaken didnt come on teh rb26 only rb20s and 25s but im not sure. they are t-25s on teh 26. idels just like a stocker but at 1500 cant figure out how to get it lower the stock ecu controlled idel in teh gtr and non of that stuff is hooked up ;< sds is the best investment i made in teh car ;>

its using a map sensor (SDS)

laterz stony

Guest Anonymous

Stony,

I've done allot of reading on the boards and the Rb26's are ceramic and some of the Rb25's are too. All the talk that I've read is that the turbine wheel can explode at boost levels approaching 14psi.The bad news is that a turbo will die on you but the real bad news is that sometimes the ceramic parts will be thrown back into the exhaust port and get into the engine icon_eek.gif Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a know it all, but I would hate to see any thing happen to your setup. icon_biggrin.gif The next turbo's to get above the 400-450 hp range is the GT2530 or GT2550 by Garrett. I believe that the GT2530 is the one that allot of guys run when they use their GTR's on the street for every day drivers. The GT2550 has a little higer rpm as boost comes in but each turbo will do about 325hp so that about a 650+hp engine!!!! The two turbo's are all steel so they should last in high boost range. What year is your engine? How many miles where on your engine when you got it? My is a late 1994 BNR32 non Vspec.The manual cost me $30. to have a copy center do it( thick sucker) if you want you can have it for $30 plus postage icon_wink.gif So, you are not running the dual AFM, right? What about the dual knock sensors under the intake are you using both of them and if so how did you hook them up to the SDS? I found a set of ball bearing turbo's off a late R34 GTR that a guy in England has and he is putting new steel turbo's on his car and he will trade me my two turbo's and $1000 for his two off his GTR, what do you think? The R34 turbo's are still ceramic but atleast they are ball bearing! Besides the idle problem, how dose the engine behave as a daily driver i.e. stumbles or chokes?? Thanks for your input Stony.

Dan

Dan,

are you talking about the compressor wheel? Atleast on my engine they are steel wheels. I had an rb-25 that had a ceramic turbo in it and the compressor looked and felt like plastic. the turbos on mine arnt like that. Im not sure about the turbine wheel.

As far as turbos and daily drivers... i have a friend with a gtr with a t-78 and it is a daily driver...a 800+hp daily driver ;>

I havent decided yet what turbo im gonna go with thats a while before im gonna do that....Im pretty sure though i want to go with a single turbo. less parts and easy to work on. i think if i show up to teh track again and run like a i was they will kick me out. no roll cage or 5 point harness.

mine is also a 94 engine .. it came out of a wrecked r-32 (rear) with 55000 km on it. no knock sensors hooked up but they will be eventually. not sure if you can use teh stock sensors with sds maybe just one. im not sure. id have to get with ross at sds to figure that one out.

1000 bucks for stock turbos????? if you were in japan you could get a stainless manifold and 2 aftermarket turbos and all hardware for that much (used)

no im not running the stock afm in fact no intake at all right now just open face turbos ;>

like i said above im trying to get a happy medium for the track and driving.. right now it stumbles a little (lean) on low vacuum low rpm because i was trying to get it setup so at teh track i could hold a steady 6000 rpm for the launch. If i lean it out for the launch it stumbles a bit daily driving... if i richen it up so that it leave stops lights normally, its hard to launch at the track because it too rich. did that make sense. I wish SDS had that option of the wold ems... with the little floppy to save settings. program it for race gas at the track save it on a floppy set it up for low booste pump gas and put that on a floppy. this way when you get to the track pop in the race setup and your ready to go ....Im looking for another car right now when i get it the z will become a sunday cruiser/racer.

im interested in teh manual. is it good? all internal specs so on so forth? part numbers?

laterz

clint