HybridZ

coolant lines behind motor help

I was refered here by TONY D.  Here is my problem/question.

Ive been going through all the coolant lines and replacing them. Theres a metal piece thats broken. I need help identifying what its called and if you know where i can find one or if you have one that I can buy off you. Ive taken pictures to help describe better what it is. It connects a hose to a metal fitting.  The piece I need is in the last couple pictures.  Its located on driver side by firewall.

post-36172-0-05457700-1360690808_thumb.jpg

post-36172-0-44016700-1360690817_thumb.jpg

post-36172-0-41026900-1360690823_thumb.jpg

I'd have to check the heads I have in the shed, I might have one, though I don't know what that piece is called.  I have a good idea what it is though.  Alternatively there's a few guys on here that have parts yards.  I'd suggest you write 1nonlyz on here (NLAckerman1@aol.com)   I know he's for at least 10 S30's in his boneyard.

Phar

Here is a picture I have of the whole assembly for reference.  I know I have this somewhere in storage, but it may be a couple of weeks before I get to North NJ to check.  You should put a Want to Buy ad here and I am sure someone has one stored away.

IMG_2188_zps92ef0c73.jpg

Yep thats it.  Let me know the soonest you can get it.  I'll buy the whole assembly off you as long as its still functional.  Thanks

Disappointing, I guess you got an answer where to find the OEM piece, but I directed you to HBZ to look for another thread with the alternate non-oem piece and complete photos of a guy totally rebuilding the system in question.

good job Philly.  Glad you found it.

Nrgaltime, You may be able to replace that L part at the plumbing aisle. There's a lot of used parts out there.  I already posted a guy I'm sure has one.  I'm not sure what that valve does, I would guess that it allows circulation when the heater is turned off.  If yours is that badly crusted over, I'd bet that your heater core is in pretty bad shape. 

That's an interresting Question:   Has anyone done anything to clean the crusties out of a 40+year old cooling system?  Perhaps a few gallons of vinegar  poured in for a week or two then a good flush?  We've got pretty hard water here in NM, and I know the inside of my radiator has some nice crust built up of 40 years of people adding water.

Disappointing, I guess you got an answer where to find the OEM piece, but I directed you to HBZ to look for another thread with the alternate non-oem piece and complete photos of a guy totally rebuilding the system in question.

I searched but i couldnt track down the thread you mentioned.

good job Philly.  Glad you found it.

Nrgaltime, You may be able to replace that L part at the plumbing aisle. There's a lot of used parts out there.  I already posted a guy I'm sure has one.  I'm not sure what that valve does, I would guess that it allows circulation when the heater is turned off.  If yours is that badly crusted over, I'd bet that your heater core is in pretty bad shape. 

That's an interresting Question:   Has anyone done anything to clean the crusties out of a 40+year old cooling system?  Perhaps a few gallons of vinegar  poured in for a week or two then a good flush?  We've got pretty hard water here in NM, and I know the inside of my radiator has some nice crust built up of 40 years of people adding water.

Thanks for the help, I emailed that guy and he is suppoesed to get back to me today or tomorrow.

I'd have to check the heads I have in the shed, I might have one, though I don't know what that piece is called.  I have a good idea what it is though.  Alternatively there's a few guys on here that have parts yards.  I'd suggest you write 1nonlyz on here (NLAckerman1@aol.com)   I know he's for at least 10 S30's in his boneyard.

Phar

He has the parts I need and more.  Thank you for the help everyone.

Edited by nrgalltime