HybridZ

In need of a good, working CA-emissions spec '76 280Z distributor, preferrably in SoCal 818

MrKrispy1183

As the title states, looking to purchase a good drking CA spec (California emissions) to replace the only on my car. She ran like a champ when I bought her back in '09, and I never had problems starting her until about 5 months ago, when a buddy took her in to replace the injector connectors and other minor things. The engine now turns, but produces no spark.The culprit would now have to be either the dizzy (which still spins, but I have no idea if everything inside is still doing its job) or the ignition control module, which if you guys have one to sell, I'd be willing to pick up as well.

I live in the 818 San Fernando Valley, Northridge to be more precise. I'd prefer to do a local transaction, but do not hesitate to bit me with offers if you are further. Thanks

There's not much to the spark initiation portion of the distributor.  The only "new" part you'll get with another distributor that might be stopping spark is the pickup coil.  Any of the 280Z pickup coils will swap in.

You're just guessing and replacing though.  You'll probably spend a lot of money and find out that your buddy left a wire disocnnected.  Have you even checked for power to the coil?

As the title states, looking to purchase a good drking CA spec (California emissions) to replace the only on my car. She ran like a champ when I bought her back in '09, and I never had problems starting her until about 5 months ago, when a buddy took her in to replace the injector connectors and other minor things. The engine now turns, but produces no spark.The culprit would now have to be either the dizzy (which still spins, but I have no idea if everything inside is still doing its job) or the ignition control module, which if you guys have one to sell, I'd be willing to pick up as well.

I live in the 818 San Fernando Valley, Northridge to be more precise. I'd prefer to do a local transaction, but do not hesitate to bit me with offers if you are further. Thanks

I have a good working Ign distributor and i can ship this.