HybridZ

N42 intake with Turbo: PCV fitment

Ben's Z

I got my turbo and N42 intake mounted.  My PCV is hitting my turbo.  I have read a couple options to deal with this but have some questions.

1) Using the 90 degree elbow to make more room:  Where do you then put the PCV valve with that configuration?

2) Plugging the original hole and drilling and tapping a new hole on top:  Do I need to remove the intake to do this?  My wall mount shop vac hose fits easily inside the plenum via the throttle body hole and I can vac out any shavings.  Any particular spot on the intake it should go?  This intake DOES NOT have the allen plugs on it.

Thanks.

I have an N47 intake, but I believe the PCV is in a similar location.

I used a 90* brass elbow, pointed towards the throttle body. I also used a Mitsubishi PCV, sorry I don't recall the application, but it was a turbo application, and had a threaded fitting on one end.

If you decide to move the PCV, it is best to remove the intake manifold to assure no cuttings go into the engine.

You can see my PCV crankcase end in this picture:

http://www.ontariozcar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3211&d=1361324060

(The forum wouldn't actually allow me to embed the picture *shrug*)

Edited by Six_Shooter

• 1 month later...

I welded the hole shut and routed the crank hose and valve cover hose into a tee having the path of airflow cross the tee so most of whatever blow by may occur goes into the crank case and from the tee it flows into the air inlet before the afm I am not using a pcv in other words just venting hoses and so far no issues