HybridZ

Maxima head ID

I'm fairly certain that the easiest way to tell is to look for a CHTS in the vicinity of, underneath and between, the 5 and 6 spark plugs.  The 280Z N47 doesn't have one, the Maxima does.  Of course, they both have N47 molded underneath and between the 1 and 2 plugs.

I'm fairly certain that the easiest way to tell is to look for a CHTS in the vicinity of, underneath and between, the 5 and 6 spark plugs. The 280Z N47 doesn't have one, the Maxima does. Of course, they both have N47 molded underneath and between the 1 and 2 plugs.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Rebuild the F54 bottom end, flat tops and triple mikunis. I might do some mild port/polishing on the head...not sure. I think this will be fun enough for an old school car

I have a f54 and an mn47 too. I was going to do the same thing...but I read a lot about the head having too high compression and pinging a lot using pump gas. But if you plan on using race gas that won't be an issue from what I've read. I also heard some head work def needs to be done.

I have a f54 and an mn47 too. I was going to do the same thing...but I read a lot about the head having too high compression and pinging a lot using pump gas. But if you plan on using race gas that won't be an issue from what I've read. I also heard some head work def needs to be done.

Luckily I have friends back home and in Atlanta that run this head with no issues, just gotta get their input

Luckily I have friends back home and in Atlanta that run this head with no issues, just gotta get their input

Ohh good deal!  I'll have to keep an eye out for your posts then.  I still don't know what im going to build when Im done restoring and getting the Z up and running.  I really want a Stroker motor, but a High compression motor is cheaper to build.

Ohh good deal! I'll have to keep an eye out for your posts then. I still don't know what im going to build when Im done restoring and getting the Z up and running. I really want a Stroker motor, but a High compression motor is cheaper to build.

Stroker motor is definitely a tough build, I would rather buy one that's done up already. I will ask my contact in Atlanta what he did to his head, I know he did mild porting and polishing, MSD ignition, triple webers, but not sure about anything else.

It would be interesting if you did the imporved head cooling modification while you're at it.  Many people think that's a big part of the detonation problem with these heads when you try high CR's.  The topic's bobbing around on another forum, coincidentally.

It would be interesting if you did the imporved head cooling modification while you're at it. Many people think that's a big part of the detonation problem with these heads when you try high CR's. The topic's bobbing around on another forum, coincidentally.

Interesting

Stroker motor is definitely a tough build, I would rather buy one that's done up already. I will ask my contact in Atlanta what he did to his head, I know he did mild porting and polishing, MSD ignition, triple webers, but not sure about anything else.

Yeah I wouldn't build that myself lol.  I would source some parts and have a builder do it for me.  But putting some other Z motors together I would  have a go at.  Or just call up Rebello Racing and buy one with a good warranty :)

Yeah I wouldn't build that myself lol. I would source some parts and have a builder do it for me. But putting some other Z motors together I would have a go at. Or just call up Rebello Racing and buy one with a good warranty :)

Building a Z motor (stock) is easy, as long as you have the right tools, plus I have a friend that used to build race engines in the 80's

• 2 weeks later...