HybridZ

Local Washington Z guys, garage space and tools!

seattlejester

Hiya folks, I was not sure where to put this, but I thought this would be the place.

Now that my car is mobile, I have an offer for some local washington folks. Garage and tool usage!

I was hoping I would have more time, but I will be moving in the next month or so to a much smaller area with probably no garage space to speak of, and I would really like to give back to the site that really helped me out a lot. So other than a donation to this site (which I will make very shortly), I am offering the use of tools and garage space for local Z guys for the next two or so weeks.

I know that many people are on a budget, and sometimes you just need a helping hand or some nice concrete to lay on, or a project is too small to take to a shop, let's get those tasks done!

So what that means...

I will try and get the garage prepped this week for usage to get as many people through. Including building some ramps and organizing tools for efficient access.

If anyone has a small project they would like done, I am willing to offer space and tools.

There are a few caveats: cars must arrive and leave on their own power or transportation, no large projects, projects have to be very well planned out. There will be penalties for badly planned projects, tool destruction, and large messes, in the form of monetary or food costs (I am serious on this front).

Example...you want to weld in a patch panel. You should arrive with the area clear (everything unbolted from the area like seats, carpet, sound deadening both on top and bottom), the area should be clean of paint, the rust should be cut out, and you should have a carefully cut out patch and seam sealer on hand. If you plan on painting you should pick a dry day or bring some method of keeping the panel from rusting on your return drive.

If I or the group of people there have to spend time unbolting your seat, wire brushing the paint off, cutting out the panel, fitting the panel, on top of welding the panel in and paint/prime it, etc you can imagine that will push back anything else planned for the day, and thus you will be expected to put money in the kitty or will be required to buy some food, or help someone else on there project. This is going to be done seriously the more grave your offense the more grave your penalty.

On the other hand, if you are unsure how to do a task, I highly advise helping someone out who is doing something similar. I don't know much, but I'd be happy to help point you in the right direction to the best of my ability.

So once again, I have tools and garage space to help other Z owners in the area. I hesitate to put free, but it nearly will be as long as you address the caveats.

Caveats:

The project should be very very well researched, all the parts on hand, and you should be ready to get your hands dirty.

Cars arrive and leave on their own power or transportation.

No overnight or large projects please, (including substantial structural repairs etc), no cars left behind, AAA is a must if you are planning something that might result in this action.

If the task requires tool destruction (grinder discs, dremel bits, drill bits, welding wire and gas, etc) a monetary fee will be asked to compensate (I'm thinking no more than 20$ unless you destroy my welder or break the jack).

Projects will have to be approved.

Timeline:

Starting next monday, I will be opening up the garage for about two weeks.

Tasks allowed:

Any small task

Tools available:

Ramps

Die grinders

Impact guns

Metric wrenches

Metric sockets

Torque wrenches

Breaker bars

Hammer, sheet metal folder, and dollies

Welder (some fee to address consumable wire and gas)

Jack

Jackstands

Hydraulic Press

Drills

Synchrometer

Timing light

Large cut off saw

Variety of sand paper

Wire brushes

Screw drivers (flat and philips)

Soda and sand blaster (these will require a large cleanup, be warned)

Soldering iron 

Clamps

Vice grips

Please feel free to post your thoughts and requests.

Edited by seattlejester

• 6 months later...