HybridZ

Do these camber kits do anything?

I have a '77 280Z Im lowering about 1.5"with AZC springs and 240Z insulators.  Id like at least a little bit of negative camber but I wont be installing camber plates. 

Are these camber kits even worth getting? - http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PSDC07

If they do anything, how much camber will they give front/rear?

Thanks

Edited by BitchinZ

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they definitely give you more negative camber.  I can't quote definitive numbers, but you can see a noticeable difference.  Keep in mind that you'll need to realign your front end after installing these.

I have used them (had them for years early in my z-life. My feedback:

Very noisy after a few months and give insufficient camber adjustment to really be worthwhile. If you lower your car, you will lose negative camber in front and gain negative camber in back. This aggrevates the z's natural tendency to push. So, if you lower the car, you really don't need them in back. Even in their max setting, you don't get enough neg camber in front to make a z stop pushing (a z under steers from the factory) particularly if you lower it. There are some offset bumpsteer spacers that may give you enough in combination with these offset bushings, but you are really just dancing around the need for camber plates. Talk to johnc about DP bolt in camber plates. They really simple and I love mine-no gimmicks-and I can adjust from +1 to -3.5. We tend to worry about dynamic suspension concepts a lot, but honestly, once you put stiff springs on a car, your suspension only moves about an inch, so for all practical purposes, the camber that you set at rest is fairly close to what you will have going down the road.