HybridZ

Potential Air flow meter problems.

Hey all, I was trying to find info on switching airflow meters around but can't find anything. Here's my problem. I have a '83 non turbo zx and the car was running fine before we stored it away. Now that it will be back to being driven again, it's not running right. When it's at idle, it idles fine. But when I give it gas, it sounds as if it wants to turn off, or close to it. Then after I hold the gas down to about 2500-3000 rpm, it runs fine as if nothing's wrong. I'm guessing its the air flow meter because the one it's using is from a '79. have 2 '79 air flow meters and plugged them in but it still doesn't run right. Just after 2500-3000rpm. Does you guys know if they're interchangeable or is there another problem I should be attending to? I've replaced spark plugs, wires, and a alternator, But nothing. All your help would be appreciated.

Air flow meter have part numbers specific to location and years. I would try and find the correct air flow meter. That being said I don't think the wrong air flow meter could cause your problem. What are the pin outputs on your fam and your connector?

I am using probably the wrong airflow meter because I only have 4 pins on it, while my connector has 5 pins

Air flow meter have part numbers specific to location and years. I would try and find the correct air flow meter. That being said I don't think the wrong air flow meter could cause your problem. What are the pin outputs on your fam and your connector?I am using probably the wrong airflow meter because I only have 4 pins on it, while my connector has 5 pins

One air flow meters has 7 pins, the other has 5, and the plug on the harness has 5 pins. But it actually runs better with the one that has 7 pins. How would different locations of airflow meters effect the car? I've tried looking for people to part out an '83 but no luck. One of the '79 afm came off my '79 as the car was running fine along with the other afm, but the guy was parting out his car and was running fine also, which is why I tried them, but not sure if the '79 and '83 afm are different.

Edited by ScumbagS130