HybridZ

L28 magic

Nice run, to bad that for classic class you need to stay at oem displacement in Europe. In open class you would get wasted by much newer cars, as the classes mostly go to 3 liter.. Hence i race the m3 gtr. ( That and part availability) Love the sound though! Lets hope my 2.8 will sound like that in my isma s130 build..

Edited by frank280zx

Sounds sweet. Nice track. Perfect for the Z.

Here is the L28 I built for my vintage racer on a Superflow dyno.

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/psanders240/media/clubcar/VIDEO0004.mp4.html

dont they check what you are running in your class ?   i.e can you legally run an 2.8 liter displacement? as it would outclass you over here.. though Tony and i suprized the Miramoux team at spa.. claiming they had a 2.4... but it was the first f54 l24 in the world ;)

post-3547-0-33450900-1365687403_thumb.jpgYep, fantastic layout. Totally had a ball on the track, a nice combination of straight bits and curves.

My 240C coupe ran well but nowhere near that little zed. He has a lot more power and a lot less weight but its safe to say we both had buckets of fun out there! :icon10:

Edited by ozconnection

In some clubs there is a weight penalty to run an L28 in a 240Z. Other clubs just put you in with some crazy IMSA cars so that you can get your but kicked. Same if you run wider than 7" wheels and slicks. Other clubs don't care. John got put into the under 2.5 liter class and cleaned up.

Heh heh heh... yeah Miroux kinda started the "closed garage policy" after Frank and I got curious about their car and the low rpms -vs- lap times they turned... Going into Eau Rouge, that car was NOT running an L24!