HybridZ

No start after auto to manual trans swap

rocketman442

Today I swapped my 74 260z auto over to a manual. Once completed It wont crank over, Starter was tested good and fires the car right up when 12v is applied to small terminal. I have 12v coming thru the splice where the neutral safety is bypassed. I only have 4v to the small terminal. It started fine when the auto was in it, my question is there anything else that needs bypassed for the swap or does anyone have a wiring diagram?

Did you bypass the inhibitor switch/relay also?. If you haven't i would look into that system, i think the seatbelts system is tied into it as well.

Look into finding a haynes manual if you can't find the wiring diagram.

You can always wire a fuse link into the wire from the ignition switch, that gives 12volts to the starter. Run that wire straight to the starter.

Did you bypass the inhibitor switch/relay also?. If you haven't i would look into that system, i think the seatbelts system is tied into it as well.

You can always wire a fuse link into the wire from the ignition switch, that gives 12volts to the starter. Run that wire straight to the starter.

I have a 260 that I converted to a 5 speed. I think there is 2 safety relays.The wiring diagram is hard to read unless you increase the size of it. I ran a wire from the ignition switch to the coil side of a relay and hooked up the main power to the starter solenoid from the battery (fused). The ignition switch is known to cause a voltage drop over the years along with other factors.

By that your meaning the neutral safety switch/ reverse light switch on the auto trans?

Yes

What Dexter said ;) I am willing to put Money on it, and since I don't know what you did and didn't do. 1$ in the Pot, any takers?