HybridZ

Why won't my car start?

I've got a 78 280z, its getting fuel and spark but won't turn over. I replaced the battery ground cable and it cranked faster but still won't start. Its missing the fusible links, the box I have is for the ACC and IGN but it just has straight wire to both. Does anyone know why it won't start?

Squirt some starter fluid in the intake manifold (pull a hose) and see what happens.  If it starts then dies, your injectors may not be opening.  If it doesn't start then you may not really have spark to the plugs or you have fouled spark plugs, which also results in no spark.

Edit - it may also be that your Honda avatar is bad karma.

Edited by NewZed

There's a lot of reasons it may not be starting. but yes, a little more information might help us give you suggestions without too much sarcasm.  As NewZ said, when was the last time it ran?  By not turning over I assume you mean it won't start, not that it won't crank over.   That alone tells us it's probably not the starter or frozen engine. So the more info you can give us the better.  

Pull the plugs and see if they're wet or dry. (I'd bet wet) so try pulling the plug off the thermotyme/cold start injector and see if it'll catch.  If that doesn't work, pull off the hose from the air cleaner, and see if you can push the flapper on the AFM, it might be stuck.  Try starting again.  Let us know what you find out.  Also, how about some pictures? I need stimulation, I'm falling asleep over here.

(Yay me! this is my 1400'th post!)

Edited by Pharaohabq