HybridZ

Total clean-out of a Holley 390.

badjuju

Water sat in my Holley for almost a year.  I don't remember the model number, but after a ton of research, I picked this carb out for my L24 about 6 years ago, if that helps. ;)

4 Barrel

390cfm

electric choke

vacuum secondaries

fits on the AZC manifold

After a year or so of water just sitting in it, I finally have time to clean it out.  I bought a renew kit, and I'm currently breaking it down as far as I can.  I currently have the primary metering block off, and on the secondary side, I'm looking at a bunch of bolts that I have no tool to remove.  I'd like to remove the secondary block, because I imagine it'd be beneficial.

Do I need to remove the secondary block to totally clean this thing out?

If so, wtf do I use to remove these bolts?

Is there anything else I should be aware\wary of as I blaze on (phrasing) in my cleaning process?

For reference (since I don't have the carb handy to take a pic of it), see this video at 4:13

Thanks guys!

use brake parts cleaner spray, and make shure you clean out the tiny holes in the throttle base plate too!!! Get the blue gaskets, they are reuseable. Change the spring in the vac modulator to the white one, the Z is a light car so you need a light spring for the secondaries.

Also remove and clean the float needles and seats.

Get new fuel bowl balance tube o-rings.

make sure to super clean out the air bleed ports, them are the small holes next to the throttle bores on the top of the carb.. 

Thanks guys!

This is actually in a '67 C-10, so I left the spring be.

Now on to getting the bastard back up and running!  First step, changing plugs.  I had to put my foot into it so much to keep it running that I fouled my plugs, which is what caused it to stop running initially.  Figured at that point it was time to actually clean the carb.