HybridZ

Distributor/cap/rotor size???

Just picked up my new project,72 240Z. It's been on a non op for 5 years and sitting but is a really straight and rust free Cali car. I got it fired up and running but really rough. Plugs cap and rotor were on the menu but I only got to the plugs since the 240 cap and rotor are way to small for the distributor in the car. It's an l24 block with E88 head....... Could this be a 280 distributor? Are they interchangeable? Or maybe after market? This is my 5th 240 but I've never run into this before. Suggestions? Thanks.

It could be 280Z (two wires that come out of the side of it would lead to an ignition module), 280ZX (it would have a black box [the ignition module] bolted to the side of it) or Mallory Unilite (popular for the 240Z's, ignition module under the cap).  Got a camera?

Here's the last one - http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/12-4042

Ok thanks. Looks to be a zx as the module is located on the side as you stated. Never knew the zx would work in a 240.... Learn something new every day. What is the advantage of going with the zx? I'm still sorting this car out so its going to be interesting what else I may find.